I invited a friend to dinner who is more traditional in her eating and so Italian food was the way to go. I found this great recipes to get rid of the pack of fettuccine we've had in our cabinet for a long while now. The recipe ended up really amazing and I'd love to share it with you now!
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to directions on package
- Meanwhile, saute the onions and red pepper flakes in butter until onion is tender. Add tomato and salt, cook and stir over medium heat until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from heat and let stand for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk
- Drain fettuccine and place in a large bowl.
- Add the basil and parmesan cheese and the tomato mixture
- Toss to coat
Kudos to the original recipe here