Eggy Veggie Kitchen - vegetarian stories and recipes
Monday, March 21, 2011
This is a great and easy recipe that I got from my lovely college roommate. She got it from her mom or grandma and made it for me one evening for a dinner party. Of course, I asked for the recipe!
1 box of ziti pasta (plain-no ridges)
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 package of mozzarella cheese cut in half
1 16 oz. container of ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Shred 1/2 of the mozzarella and set aside
3. Cube other 1/2 of mozzarella and set aside.
4. Cook ziti according to directions on box (el dente) and drain
5. Pour all of sauce jar into pasta and mix well
6. Next, add in whole container of ricotta, the cubed mozzarella, & the parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined.
7. Transfer mixture to an oven-safe casserole dish & top with the shredded mozzerella
8. If desired, sprinkle the top with some parmesan cheese
9. Cook for 30-45 minutes or until top starts to brown & inside is bubbly.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest