This recipe for Italian dressing is very delicious. After having lived over 6 months in Tanzania, I was craving a salad and needed to create my own dressing. After a few failed attempts, I finally got the proportions right with a little help from the internet!
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 1/3 cup oil of your choice (canola, vegetable, sunflower)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3-4 gloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt)
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 onion, chopped (or 1/2 tablespoon dried onion powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and allow to sit at least 24 hours. If you use fresh onion and garlic, the vinegar will preserve them. You do not need to refrigerate. Be sure to mix again before using on a fresh salad!