Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Mom's Sauce"

There is nothing better than anything homemade.  This recipe comes from my friend Marisa who gave it to me at my wedding shower.  We met over the weekend for some girl's fun and we had it together.  I forgot how good it is!  It's Marisa's Italian family's homemade pasta sauce.  As a vegetarian, I often get very sick of pasta dishes, but this sauce leaves me wanting to eat pasta every day.  It was even double good because I have so many canned crushed tomatoes sitting around from a sale.

Ingredients:

  • One large can of crushed or pureed tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • Olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
Method:
  1. In a large sauce pan, saute garlic and olive oil
  2. Add tomatoes to can plus one can of water
  3. Bring to a simmer and let it cook for a few hours on low, covered
  4. Taste, add more salt if necessary 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter