This recipes comes from allrecipes.com
- 1 16 oz. package of macaroni
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and peper to taste
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk or 1/2 cup regular milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until el dente. Drain.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Place a quarter of the macaroni in the bottom, followed by an even layer of one-quarter of the cheese slices. Dot with butter and season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering three times. Pour evaporated milk evenly over the top of all.
- Baked, uncovered, for one hour, or until top is golden brown.