Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oatmeal Wheat Scones

When I lived in Australia way back in 2004, I fell in love with scones.  I never had a scone before then.  I have searched high and low for appropriate scones as I remember them in Australia.  You can of course find "scones" at Starbucks and many other coffee shops and cafe's but they aren't what I recall.  The ones I find here are usually loaded with sugar and have lots of fruit inside of them.  They generally have a harder outside and not too fresh on the inside.  Thanks to my Simple Vegetarian Pleasures cookbook, I found an excellent scone recipe that allows me to eat scones the appropriate way that I remember.  Since this did come from one of my cookbooks, I can't publish the recipe, but please feel free to email me and I'll send it right to you!  This recipe is unique since you use oatmeal in it.  It leaves the inside very moist and fluffy.  You put any flavor jam on top of the scone and then whipped topping over the jam.  It was heavenly delicious!
Oatmeal Scones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter