I avoid spaghetti like the plague.
But, pesto sauce makes it all better. Pesto makes pasta seem exotic. It gives a whole new meaning to a box of spaghetti noodles that cost only .88 cents. Pesto + Pasta = perfection! To my health and weight conscious followers - it's a little fattening. It's "healthy fat" ingredients - olive oil and nuts. But, fattening nonethless.
- 1 and 1/2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in blender or food processor
- Process until finely chopped
- While still slowly chopping, slowly add the olive oil. Continue processing until it's smooth