Tonight I made an excellent dish with ingredients we usually have. Spaghetti noodles, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, scallions and brown sugar.
I present to you yummy yummy spicy peanut noodles with eggy!
We got this recipe from Simple Vegetarian Pleasures book (see to the right).
I'm going to post this recipe because it brings the majority of my new viewers to my blog. I want ya'all to stay around and enjoy other of my recipes. So, here it is below...adapted from simple Vegetarian pleasures:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together peanut butter and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients except for the spaghetti noodles until smooth. Put a low heat under the pot to keep the sauce warm.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling water until al dente. Don't overcook it, it should be chewy. Drain thoroughly and bring back to the pot. Pour on the sauce and toss. Serve in bowls.