My sister shared with me her recipe that she said was the best one she has made yet. I was ecstatic when I heard of a new recipe I could try! The recipe is actually meant to be meat included. I made it minus the meat. I also plan to provide you the recipe my style, but to link to the group that has the full recipe, meat included.
My sister claims this is the best meal she's ever had. In my opinion, it was good, definitely better than normal spaghetti sauce you get out of the can. I am a spice fanatic. If the recipe calls for more than 4 spices, I'll probably be sure to love it.
In my opinion, it was good - but it wasn't anything that I would brag about. It wasn't nearly as spicy as I anticipated. However, it wasn't a complete flop!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, liquid included
- 1 teaspoon finely minced canned chipotle en adobo and sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil for pasta. When boiled, put in one pound of noodles.
Recipe is courtesy of the food network. To see it on their site with meatball instructions, please go here
1. In a 4-quart saucepan heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Saute the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
3. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, chipotles, oregano, rosemary, and salt.
4. Bring all the ingredients to a low boil, reduce heat and cook for approximately 15 minutes, until liquid has evaporated slightly.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Combine with pasta noodles when complete
Yield: 6 servings
Yield: 6 servings