1¼ hours | 1 hour prep
- 8 ounces tempeh
For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed between fingers
- Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch wide cubes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a container with a lid, stir to combine.
- Add tempeh, cover and shake well until all pieces are coated.
- Place in refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
- Shake container every now and again (when you think of it) to coat all pieces. The tempeh will begin to absorb all the marinade.
- When ready to cook, heat a non stick skillet over medium low heat.
- Add tempeh and any liquid and cook for about 10 minutes, turning pieces until they begin to caramelize.
- Serve immediately or keep in a covered container in fridge.