- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, divided
- 6 oz. mushrooms sliced (2 cups)
- 8 oz. broccoli florets (3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, divided
- 1 13.8 oz pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
1. Place pizza stone or baking sheet in center of oven and heat to 425 F
2. Melt 11/4 tsp. margarine in skillet over medium-heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 4 to 7 minutes, or until beginning to brown. stirring frequently. Add broccoli and 1/3 cup water. Cover tightly, and steam broccoli in skillet 3-4 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 11/2 Tbs. margarine in saucepan over medium high heat. Add flour and cook 2 minutes, or until pale golden, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, garlic, and salt. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until mixture thickens and begins to boil, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 Tbs. Parmesan until sauce is smooth and cheese is melted.
*If you like extra-crispy pizza, prebake the dough 3-4 minutes before adding the toppings*
5. Spread white sauce over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge, and top with broccoli mixture. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over top.
6. Place the pizza in the oven and bake 18-20 minutes, or until edges are golden and the center is hot and bubbly. Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Notes: This should be enough for 6 slices.